IT Project Management Intern
The Information Technology Project Management Intern is an unpaid internship working with and reporting to the Senior Project Manager. The successful intern will be hard-working, responsible, respectful and self-driven as well as possess a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and initiative. Not only will this intern be able to gain valuable work experience, he/she will also be given the opportunity to regularly meet with other interns to network, collaborate, and participate in various professional development sessions including leadership classes, hearing executive speakers, and participating in MDA Mission or Income Development Events.
The Information Technology Project Management Intern will be responsible for participating in, assisting with and managing a variety of day-to-day project management functions including supporting the project manager in project management administration and coordination, he/she will be responsible to contributing to various IT projects within these same areas. Every intern will also be responsible for creating a final project and portfolio throughout the internship to present about what he/she has learned throughout the internship to use for future use and reference.
- Assist with the coordination of the project management process of planning, executing, and delegating responsibilities around organizations IT pursuits and goals.
- Build reports for upper management regarding project.
- Participate in IT departmental and team meetings to stay in the loop of departmental discussions, changes, and project statuses.
- Assist and participate in day to day Project Management activities including project scheduling, status reporting, scheduling meetings, and developing project related documents.
- Assist with compiling, analyzing, and interpreting IT metrics.
- Update various IT materials and documentation.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete business-related tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Must be enrolled as a junior or senior actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology Management, Business Administration, Management, Project Management, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a general understanding of common technology and solutions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, remain organized, plan efficiently, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top