IT Intranet Intern
- Chicago, IL
About this Job
The IT Intern is an unpaid internship working with and reporting directly to our Chief Technology Officer. The IT intern will be given day-to-day projects to support the IT team through our software systems. The successful intern will be hard-working, responsible, respectful and self-driven as well as possess a positive attitude, strong communication skills, initiative, and an interest in IT.
He/she will support the IT team through the utilization of SharePoint and will receive hands-on experience with all aspects of infrastructure solutions, including the planning, development, and implementation. In addition, the role will focus on research, analysis, and testing to help determine the best technology practices. The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern as the internship is designed recognize and enhance each intern’s unique experiences, abilities, and knowledge.
- Support the maintenance of planning, administering and updating systems such as SharePoint.
- Work closely with the Information Technology team to identify and facilitate basic improvements to systems.
- Provide technical support for office applications.
- Learn and share the best trends and practices for technology solutions.
- Complete assignments on time and stay organized with multiple deliverables.
- Take initiative to seek out resources for the SharePoint process.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Current student enrolled and pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field.
- Must have background knowledge and experience working with Intranet/SharePoint or have taken a course in Intranet/SharePoint.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interns should have basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top