Intern - Marketing
The Marketing Intern is an unpaid internship working with and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer. The successful intern will be hard-working, responsible, respectful and self-driven as well as possess a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and initiative. Not only will this intern be able to gain valuable work experience, he/she will also be given the opportunity to regularly meet with other interns to network, collaborate, and participate in various professional development sessions including leadership classes, hearing executive speakers, and participating in MDA Mission or Income Development Events.
He/She will support the marketing department on a variety of projects and initiatives. This individual will also be responsible for creating a final project and portfolio throughout the internship to present about what he/she has learned throughout the internship to use for future use and reference.
- Perform competitive analysis, collecting data on competitors and similarly aligned nonprofits.
- Update and organize MDA’s Branding Resource Center and Intranet making sure all assets are up to date.
- Data analytics – identify and analyze trends/patterns in social, email, web and other metrics.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete business-related tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Must be enrolled and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top