Intern - Fundraising
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needs and each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents' expectations.
The intern will assist with core job functions of the District office. The intern will be given a minimum of one project that will be his/her responsibility to assist with the success of the Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams. He/she will gain experience working directly with MDA Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams and MDA families. Duties will include assisting in the execution of major fundraising and/or Family Care and Clinical Support programs such as Muscle Walk, Fill the Boot, Shamrocks, etc. They will provide assistance to the District office team and perform additional duties as needed. The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern by working with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn both professionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry.
- Assist the fundraising coordinators with the execution of major fundraising programs. MDA's Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising.
- Work with Fundraising Coordinators to secure donations for the fundraising event.
- Provide event assistance to team with preparation of materials.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Junior/Senior working toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in related field.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Interns should have basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top