Intern - Fundraising
The fundraising internship provides a unique opportunity to support the MDA local/satellite office to oversee the success of a specific event or project. The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern by working with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn both professionally and personally about MDA, our fundraising programs, and the non-profit industry. The intern will be given a minimum of one project, that will be his/her responsibility, which will add value to the success of the fundraising goals in the local office. He/she will gain experience working directly with MDA Fundraising and Development teams and MDA families. The intern will be supervised by the Executive Director.
- Work with the fundraising and development teams to craft a project that will add value to the local office.
- Work alongside the local team, learning the MDA MUSCLE, MDA culture and be invested in utilizing training to gain experience in the non-profit fundraising industry.
- Develop strong working relationships with all levels of leadership and staff in the local office, partners at the national office and the families we serve and communities we work in.
- Perform outreach in-person, through cold calling and email or mail contact.
- Perform social media outreach to gain exposure for assigned project.
- Provide weekly updates on status of project, including areas of needed assistance, accomplishments and develop short goals to meet the final goal of the project.
- Data and file management.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Junior/Senior working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Passion for MDA and non-profit development roles post graduation.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top