Intern - Fundraising
The Fundraising Coordinator Intern (FC Intern) will assist with core job functions of the District office. The FC intern will be given a minimum of one project that will be his/her responsibility to assist with the success of the Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams. He/she will gain experience working directly with MDA Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams and MDA families. Duties will include assisting in the execution of major fundraising and/or Family Care and Clinical Support programs such as Muscle Walk, Fill the Boot, Consumer Engagement programs, etc. They will provide assistance to the District office team and perform additional duties as needed. The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern by working with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn both professionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry.
Special Events- assist in volunteer recruitment and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Summer Camp Pinup Program- assist in preparation, servicing, and follow through of summer camp pinup program.
Fill the Boot - work with lead and team to facilitate press releases; assist with coordination and implementation of media kickoffs.
Personal project- design and implement special project of choice with the guidance of MDA team as it relates to area of study and MDA business.
Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Junior/Senior working toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in related field.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Interns should have basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Director of Business Development
Nathan works with businesses in the local community to develop new partnerships with MDA. The funds he raises help the organization's mission grow and thrive.
Back to top