Intern - Fundraising
FundraisingCoordinator Intern (Unpaid)
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the familieswho love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases sothey can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress for familiesand muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needsand each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents' expectations.
The FundraisingCoordinator Intern (FC Intern) will assist with core job functions of theDistrict office. The FC intern will be given a minimum of one project that willbe his/her responsibility to assist with the success of the Fundraising and/orFamily Support and Clinical Care Teams. He/she will gain experience workingdirectly with MDA Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical Care Teams andMDA families. Duties will include assisting in the execution of majorfundraising and/or Family Care and Clinical Support programs such as MuscleWalk, Fill the Boot, Consumer Engagement programs, etc. They will provideassistance to the District office team and perform additional duties as needed.The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern byworking with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn bothprofessionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry.
Special Events- assist in volunteer recruitment and miscellaneous tasksas needed.
Summer Camp Pinup Program- assist in preparation, servicing, and followthrough of summer camp pinup program.
Fill the Boot - workwith lead and team to facilitate press releases; assist with coordination andimplementation of media kickoffs.
Personal project-design and implement special project of choice with the guidance of MDA team asit relates to area of study and MDA business.
Other duties asassigned.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seekclarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team;exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time managementskills.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the higheststandard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of newinformation; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly asdemands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts tovarying customer needs.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others withrespect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Junior/Senior workingtoward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in related field.
- Candidates mustunderstand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Must have excellentwritten and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, andattention to detail.
- Excellent customerservice skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in afast paced environment.
- Interns should have basicknowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, andPowerPoint
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top