Intern - Fundraising
FundraisingCoordinator Intern (Unpaid)
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the familieswho love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases sothey can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress for familiesand muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needsand each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents' expectations.
The FundraisingCoordinator Intern (FC Intern) will assist with core job functions of theDistrict office. The FC intern will be given a minimum of one project that willbe his/her responsibility to assist with the success of the Fundraising Team.He/she will gain experience working directly with the MDA Fundraising Team.Duties will include assisting in the execution of major fundraising programssuch as Fill the Boot, Summer Camp Pin-Up campaigns, assistance on recruitingdonations and managing silent auction databases and working with localvolunteers in the office. They will provideassistance to the District office team and perform additional duties as needed.The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern byworking with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn bothprofessionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry. Internship from June- August 2017.
Distinguished EventsFocus: Solicitinglocal businesses for auction donations; organization and entry into onlineauction system (packing items, listing FMV, starting bids, increments, etc...)
Sponsor ROI slides (all sponsors over $3,000 for underwriting &corporate table sales); Attend committee meetings for golf & galaevents/assist with meeting prep.
Capture specific photo opportunities at events (to be used in marketingmaterials and sponsor ROI packets). Incorporate with social media efforts.
Fill the Boot - workwith lead and team to facilitate press releases; assist with coordination andimplementation of media kickoff's (Chicago L2, Rockford and 3-5 selectothers).
Other duties asassigned.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seekclarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team;exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and timemanagement skills.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the higheststandard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of newinformation; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly asdemands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts tovarying customer needs.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others withrespect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Junior/Senior workingtoward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in related field.
- Candidates mustunderstand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Must have excellentwritten and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, andattention to detail.
- Excellent customerservice skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Interns should have basicknowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, andPowerPoint
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top