Intern - Family Support
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and thefamilies who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitatingdiseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Valuesare our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needsand each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drivethe best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents' expectations.
Theintern will assist with core job functions of the District office. The internwill be given a minimum of one project that will be his/her responsibility toassist with the success of the Family Support and Clinical Care Teams. He/shewill gain experience working directly with MDA Family Support and Clinical CareTeams and MDA families. Duties willinclude assisting in the execution of major Family Care and Clinical Supportprograms such as Muscle Walk, educational seminars, summer camp, etc. They willprovide assistance to the District office team and perform additional duties asneeded. The objective of this internship is to foster the development of theintern by working with all levels of the office to complete programs and learnboth professionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry.
- Assisting with development and implementation offamily outreach initiatives such as educational seminars and identifyingcommunity resources
- Recruitment of volunteers and campers for summercamp.
- Assist with developing programming for summercamp
- Summer camp follow up (reviewing applications,tracking down paperwork, assisting with interviews, etc.)
- Data and file management
- Perform other duties as needed
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seekclarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team;exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and timemanagement skills.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactionsand responding in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinionson the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changesfocus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to taskeffectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Junior/Seniorworking toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in related field.
- Candidatesmust understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Musthave excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritizeeffectively, and attention to detail.
- Excellentcustomer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and workin a fast paced environment.
- Internsshould have basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word,Excel, and PowerPoint
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top