Instructional Designer and Facilitator - Chicago, Il / Remote
Purpose: AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drivethe best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
TheInstructional Designer and Facilitator is responsible for the development oflearning materials for employee training. This person will drive adoptionthrough online or print training assets and support and facilitation. They willwork across a wide range of topics and with various departments to improveoverall performance and knowledge of the employees of the organization. Thisposition reports to the Director of Learning and Development.
- Createconceptual designs (based on proven instructional theory) that meet businessrequirements and develop detailed plans based on concepts.
- Workwith subject matter experts to determine training needs, identify gaps, andfind the best learning solution.
- Use goodtechnical writing skills to develop content and instruction for modules andmaterials based on design specifications.
- Collaboratewith SMEs to create, update, and enhance existing course offerings andwebinars.
- Performreviews of the deliverables for completeness, compliance with standards, andconsistency of design.
- Buildout courseware in the Learning Center (LMS) and update as needed.
- Writeand produce high quality audio scripting for video content.
- Keepcurrent on emerging instructional/web technologies.
- Trackand report all site metrics.
- Assureweb-based information is archived for future needs.
- Lead workshop style online,synchronous courses.
- Host Webinars on developed learningtopics.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate in persontraining workshops and soft skills training sessions.
- Individualproject management capability.
- Editingand proofing skills.
- Initiative -Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-developmentactivities and learn new skills; seek increasedresponsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Motivated to developand exceed business plans and to clearly set expectations and goals. Establish and maintain collaborativerelationships
- Professionalism -Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accepts responsibility for own actions. Understand businessimplications of decisions, align work with strategic goals. Meet alladministrative tasks and commitments.
- Flexibility- Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Managecompeting demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fitthe situation.
- CommunicationSkills – Clearly and persuasively communicate verbally and in writing,listen and seek clarification; manage difficult or emotional situations;maintain confidentiality.
- ProblemSolving – Conduct appropriate analysis and make clear, consistent andtimely decisions.
- Bachelors in Instructional Design,Instructional Technology, Education or comparable program; plus
- 3 years recent experience in thedevelopment of training programs and course materials or instructional content,or equivalent experience and education.
- Candidates must have work experienceand knowledge of Learning, Training, or Curriculum Design and Development.
- Highly experienced using Microsoftproducts.
- Experience using Articulate andGoogle Drive. Creative use of software to accomplish development tasks is amust.
- Familiarity with instructional designsoftware and Learning Management Systems.
- Forconsideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history.
- (SALARY HISTORYMUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION)
MDA isan Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top