Innovations in Care Training Manager
The Innovations in Care (IIC) Training Manager will be responsible for being the subject matter expert. He/She will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic training plan for training IIC employees to ensure their understanding and implementation tactics to meet personal and organizational goals and objectives. This position reports directly to the VP, Organization Effectiveness/Training and will heavily collaborate with the Organization Effectiveness/Training team and Innovations in Care Leadership.
- Develop and implement a strategic training plan with IIC leadership for training to support employees in meeting organizational goals and objectives. Work with IIC Directors and subject matter experts to determine IIC training needs, identify gaps, and find the best learning solutions. Build out courseware in the Learning Center (LMS) and update as needed.
- Facilitate training courses for upper level IIC courses online and in person.
- Coach and Mentor struggling IIC staff on the job, 1:1 and/or in small groups.
- Collaborate with Organization Effectiveness/Training team to provide feedback and develop new and existing material and content.
- Travel to MDA office locations onsite training and support; will also balance online training and support during travel times.
- Track and assess the impact of training on performance metrics.
- Implements creative training techniques to keep improve and maintain success and engagement of employees.
- Gather feedback after training sessions to review for continual improvement of training materials and facilitation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Initiative - Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn newskills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Motivated to develop and exceedbusiness plans and to clearly set expectations and goals. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area.
- 5+ years experience in a clinical setting.
- 3+ years training experience.
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills in 1:1 or large group settings.
- Shown success in providing professional guidance and support to staff to help them achieve their goals.
- Ability to present and train content in clear and professional manner and flexibility to change approach to meet the needs of the audience as necessary.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with staff across multiple levels and locations.
- Strong project management skills, including organization, prioritization, and problem-solving abilities.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top