Human Resources Generalist
- Chicago, IL
The HR Generalist (HRG) will be an integral part of the Human Resources team and will be located in the Chicago office. He/she will handle daily HR responsibilities while working closely with the HR Business Partners and other members of the HR team. Duties include but are not limited to all aspects of talent management, performing personnel transactions, updating forms and directories, preparing reports, filing and other miscellaneous administrative tasks. This member of our team must display the MDA values and be passionate about the MDA mission.
- Provides general employment information and appropriate forms to applicants or employees, ensuring that when forms are submitted, they are completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Receives and responds to varied general questions from applicants, employees or managers, referring more difficult ones to Manager.
- Reviews forms and documents and works with Manager to make sure the paperwork/forms are expedited to the appropriate team for processing.
- Develops general reports and information on human resource activities as requested.
- Work closely with Manager, Sr HRBP, to determine current and future staffing needs.
- Responsible for full cycle recruiting efforts: screening resumes, candidate interviews, candidate assessments, reference checks, interview coordination, etc.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and HR best practices related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day coaching and counseling to employees and leaders, alongside manager.
- Works closely with direct manager and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance.
- Identifies training needs for divisions and coaching needs and works with manager to implement.
- Supports the MDA mission and promotes and displays the MDA values in daily working style.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relationship Management: Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrates understanding of climate and culture; includes the ability to identify the real decision-makers and the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
- HR Expertise: The knowledge of principles, practices, and functions of effective human resource management.
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals. Meet all commitments.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate verbally and in writing, listen and seek clarification; handle difficult or emotional situations; maintain confidentiality.
- Problem Solving: Conduct appropriate analysis and make clear, consistent and timely decisions.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Initiative: Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2+ year of related work experience.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Experience in full cycle recruiting required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, organizational change management, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Incumbents should be proficient in MS Office software to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- HRIS experience preferred.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top