HRIS and Benefits Specialist
As a HRIS & Benefits Specialist you will be responsible for the administration of the defined benefit and defined contribution plans as well as assisting in the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan). The HRIS & Benefits Specialist reports to the Benefits & Compensation Director and works with all levels of the MDA Team. The HRIS & Benefits Specialist has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Manages and updates employee information in HRIS.
- Processes title changes, pay changes and terminations in HRIS.
- Provides reports from HRIS upon request.
- Primary contact for HRIS implementations and updates.
- Manages Time & Attendance platform.
- Responsible for creating and releasing Annual Performance Appraisals in HRIS.
- Serves as the primary contact to the third party administrators.
- Assures timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Processes COBRA and health and wellness plan enrollments.
- Processes FMLA and STD claims for entire organization.
- Coordinates transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, auditors, and consultants.
- Oversees maintenance of data, including updating of vital participant information.
- Performs internal plan audits and assists third-party auditors with the gathering of requested information.
- Prepares, collects, and organizes data for actuarial assessment and calculations.
- Provides customer service support to internal and external customers.
- Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
- Assists with benefits industry and peer analysis.
- Provides back-up to Benefits Manager in support of MDA’s group benefit programs.
- Processes background checks for entire organization (New Hires & Yearly).
- Primary contact for Unemployment Claims.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change.
- Communication Skills - Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively, comfortable with public speaking.
- Professionalism - Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives: Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; maintains attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Business and 3-5 years’ work experience in the employee benefits function of a human resources team or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ADP experience
- FMLA experience
- Defined Benefit plan certification a plus.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top