The HR Intern is an unpaid internship working with and reporting to the People Business Partner, National. The successful intern will be hard-working, responsible, respectful and self-driven as well as possess a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and initiative. Not only will this intern be able to gain valuable work experience, he/she will also be given the opportunity to regularly meet with other interns to network, collaborate, and participate in various professional development sessions including leadership classes, hearing executive speakers, and participating in MDA Mission or Income Development Events.
The HR Intern will be responsible for participating in, assisting with and managing a variety of day-to-day HR functions including talent acquisition, employee relations, employee engagement, onboarding, and benefits. In addition, he/she will be responsible to contributing to various HR projects within these same areas. Every intern will also be responsible for creating a final project and portfolio throughout the internship to present about what he/she has learned throughout the internship to use for future use and reference.
- Manage recruitment process for assigned open positions including posting roles, sourcing candidates, screening resumes, conducting and coordinating interviews, and dispositioning candidates.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of national job descriptions and organizational charts.
- Participate in HR departmental and team meetings to stay in the loop of departmental discussions, changes, and project statuses.
- Assist and participate in day to day HR activities including employee relation discussions, employee and leadership inquiries, employee engagement, etc.
- Assist, collaborate, and contribute to various HR projects.
- Assist with compiling, analyzing, and interpreting HR metrics.
- Update various HR materials and documentation.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete business-related tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Must be enrolled and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Be self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a collaborative, team environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top