Help Desk Manager
Purpose: At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and thefamilies who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitatingdiseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for familiesand muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
The Help Desk Manager’s role is to oversee the Helpdesk staff (3-4 PC Analysts) and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization and resolution of end user help requests, including monitoring, tracking and coordination of Help Desk functions. Primary responsibilities include oversight and management of multi-site, IT helpdesk including desktop support, inventory management, networking and other IT related technologies.
- Establish and enforce Help Desk service level agreements for problem resolution.
- Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and intranet to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Manage the Help Desk queues and ensure that tickets get assigned to the correct technician in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Interview, train, coach, manage and mentor Help Desk Technicians and other staff.
- Manage IT assets in a manner maximizing the investment in technology. Develop plans for technology deployment, upgrades and refresh
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of desktop support
- Produce weekly and monthly IT help desk metric reports.
- Handle first line escalations.
- Provide continual suggestions for process, procedural and security improvements.
- Prepare annual performance appraisals and assessments.
- Meet with staff Bi-Weekly for 1-1 meetings.
- Lead projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ProjectManagement: Develops project plans;Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects ontime and budget; Manages project team activities.
- TechnicalSkills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training anddevelopment opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;Shares expertise with others.
- CustomerService: Manages difficult oremotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicitscustomer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service andassistance. Meets commitments.
- OrganizationalSupport – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctlyand on time. Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organizationthrough outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans foradditional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules otherpeople and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changesapproach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequentchange, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science preferred) and 8-10 years’ experience as a system administrator.
- 8-10 years of experience managing help desk and managing staff
- Comfortable working in close collaboration with other IT disciplines; collaboration includes attending meetings on project plans and system design, project oversight by a project manager and design, configuration and implementation collaboration with MDA NE, developer and Database Administrator.
- Extensive administration experience of O365 and SharePoint is preferred.
MDAis an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top