Healthcare Content & Public Relations Manager
The Scientific PR Manager is an established healthcare/medical content manager/writer to develop content for a variety of audiences including patients, families, researchers and healthcare providers that inform, educate and elevate our research and educational programs about the rapidly changing neuromuscular disease landscape to support our Mission. This will include a variety of writing opportunities including medical education content, press releases, social posts, blogs, information about clinical trials, grant announcements, research grant summaries, research news, editorials/OpEds, trade journal pieces and content to support our MDA website. This position will report to the Medical Education & Industry Relations Director and will partner with our current Medical Education Content Manager and establish disease specialization to be subject matter experts to deliver these elements as a team across our diseases.
- Write, create and manage the development of healthcare and medical education content for healthcare providers across multiple specialties that serve our patients with neuromuscular disease, this will include traditional medical education presentations, webinars, newsletters, and publications to general and clinical audiences.
- Contribute expertise and ideas for educational initiatives and sponsorship proposals to help provide support for our activities.
- Conceptualize and draft patient and family oriented scientific and medical communications around MDA activities including, but not limited to, grant funding, clinical trials, research findings, clinical breakthroughs, FDA announcements, MDA-supported advocacy calls to action, MDA grantee profiles/vignettes, MDA research blogs and researcher guest blogs, MDA-supported scientific conferences/events information.
- Maintain and update healthcare provider, patient, family, and research-community oriented content on the MDA website.
- Review patient/caregiver-focused educational materials prepared by third-party vendors to ensure the content is consistent with MDA messaging.
- Create social media content including blogs and posting for our MDA channels.
- Coordinate with other Mission team members to ensure consistency between communications targeted to patients/caregiver and professional audiences.
- Coordinate with our digital team for release of content to appropriate audiences (email, website, blogs, twitter, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top