The Graphic Presentation Designer serves as a member of the Marketing Communications Department in designing of infographics, collateral and other content for various external audiences. This individual will be an expert in MDA branding and will be a visual storyteller creating innovative and dynamic designs enhancing the organization's brand, identity, and initiatives. He/She will collaborate with various leaders and teams to understand their needs and objectives and create infographics for that represent the brand and initiative. This position will report to the Director of Public Relations and Communications while supporting various other leaders within the organization.
- Design new visually appealing and dynamic designs from inception to completion that are compelling, illustrative, and professional while maintaining consistency with MDA branding.
- Collaborate with various organization leaders to understand their objectives and initiatives in order to comprehend, translate, and create infographics and collateral to appropriately support their needs.
- Uphold all MDA branding and identity guidelines.
- Translate abstract concepts and strategic content into easy to comprehend visuals.
- Manage multiple projects while working efficiently under fast-paced deadlines including presenting drafts at various stages for review and approval to get feedback and minimize rounds of revisions.
- Advise others regarding MDA branding guidelines and ensure design integrity, accessibility, appropriateness, printability, and visual appeal as needed.
- Follow latest trends in print and digital design and adapt and innovate as necessary to ensure designs remain current and relevant.
- Create dynamic and illustrative presentations as needed for various audiences.
- Create and manage for all creative assets and resources for record keeping and reference.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Innovative - Original and creative in thought, work methods, and actual work produced; seeks out, recommends new and creative ideas and solutions to improve the standard of excellence.
- Creative - Uses artistry and imagination to create unique work while maintaining consistent organizational messages and branding
- Communication Skills - Clearly and persuasively communicate written and verbal communications; tailor messages to specific audiences; listen and seek clarifications; participate in and contribute to meetings.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Flexibility - Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in a related role requitred.
- Proven creativity and artistry in creating artistic, illustrative, and unique graphics and presentations for professional settings.
- Proven experience taking complex data and/or concepts and translating the information into visual presentations for various audiences.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- Ability to communicate in a consistent, proactive and inclusive manner.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization with strong attention to detail while working with Senior Leadership.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Intermediate PowerPoint skills preferred.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top