The Grants Manager reports to the Head of Research and is responsible for managing all phases of the grant lifecycle to ensure alignment with MDA’s research policies and overall mission and goals.
- Process and administer assigned grant programs
- Assist in the distribution of reviewer critiques
- Oversee the changes to critiques and scores for assigned application reviews
- Assist in resubmission or new application processes
- Guide reviewers through review process for assigned grant programs
- Update policy manuals and instructions for assigned grant programs
- Update all application forms and instructions for assigned grant programs
- Collaborate with relevant parties regarding new programs, deadlines and revised database forms for assigned grant programs
- Assist other members of the grants management team as needed
- Create and execute timelines for assigned grant reviews
- Manage assigned review meeting budgets
- Collaborate with MDA Travel department
- Support the committee members travel for assigned grant review meetings
- Prepare all pre-meeting and post-meeting materials for assigned grant review meetings
- Assist other members of the grants management team with review meetings as needed
- Acquire MDA authorizations to fund for grants for assigned grant programs
- Generate Post-Award documents such as Notice of Award, Milestone Schedule, etc., and upload to various websites for storage.
- Create post-award accounts and update all relevant sections for assigned grant programs
- Manage award deliverables in accordance with grant policy manuals and schedules for assigned grant programs
- Initiate payments per payment and/or milestone schedule for assigned grant programs
- Provide post-award status reports for assigned grant programs
- Serve as point of contact for award inquiries for assigned grant programs
proposalCENTRAL and other databases
- Collaborate with Scientific Team to better utilize database programs
- Manage both pre-award and post-award information entered into proposalCENTRAL for assigned grant programs.
- Initiate recommendations and complete approved updates within proposalCENTRAL for assigned grant programs
- Provide all database support and assistance for assigned grant programs
- Provide database support and training to new user staff members
- Prepare assigned sections of the Board reports
- Produce and provide information relating to past, current and future year funding for the assigned grant programs
- Produce and audit check requests from assigned programs for accounting
- Update and oversee the changes to disease reports for assigned grant programs within the MDA
- Update committee listings on MDA website and internal reporting modules.
- Provide databases for email and other mailing purposes
- Prepare other financial and grant analyses as needed
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a grants management related role with demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and inspire staff.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to work effectively as a team leader and collaboratively in matrix reporting structures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with financial data and budgets.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top