Fundraising Training Manager
OurPurpose: AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
- Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
- Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
- Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drivethe best possible outcomes.
- Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
- Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
- Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
The Fundraising Training Lead will be responsible for being the subject matterexpert on all fundraising training to support field staff. He/She will be responsible for developing andimplementing a strategic training plan for training field fundraising employeesto ensure their understanding and implementation of fundraising tactics to meetpersonal and organizational goals and objectives. This position reports directly to the VP,Revenue Operations and will heavily collaborate with the Learning andDevelopment (L&D) Department and Field Leadership.
- Develop and implement a strategic training planwith Regional Directors for training to support field fundraising employees inmeeting organizational goals and objectives.
- Act as subject matter expert for fundraisingcourses designed by Learning and Development Department.
- Facilitate training courses for upper levelfundraising courses online and in person.
- Partner with Regional and Executive Directors toidentify training needs and assist in developing and implementingindividualized development plans.
- Coach and Mentor struggling fundraising staff onthe job, 1:1 and/or in small groups.
- Collaborate with L&D Department to providefeedback and develop new and existing material and content.
- Travel to MDA office locations onsite trainingand support; will also balance online training and support during travel times.
- Track and assess the impact of training onperformance metrics.
- Implements creative training techniques to keepimprove and maintain success and engagement of employees.
- Gather feedback after training sessions toreview for continual improvement of training materials and facilitation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical:Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Usesintuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- ProblemSolving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers andanalyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well ingroup problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotionaltopics.
- Dependability:Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibilityfor own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work whennecessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriateperson with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treatsothers with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail whilemultitasking.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions and responds appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area.
- 5+ years sales or non-profit fundraising experience.
- 3+ years training experience.
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills in 1:1 or large group settings.
- Shown success in providing professional guidance and support to staff to help them achieve their goals.
- Ability to present and train content in clear and professional manner and flexibility to change approach to meet the needs of the audience as necessary.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with staff across multiple levels and locations.
- Strong project management skills, including organization, prioritization, and problem-solving abilities.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Director of Business Development
Nathan works with businesses in the local community to develop new partnerships with MDA. The funds he raises help the organization's mission grow and thrive.
Back to top