A Fundraising Coordinator (FC) is a dynamic and creative professional fundraiser responsible for securing new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships; and rapidly growing MDA’s business within the community. You will report to the Executive Director and work closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The FC does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintain existing and build new sponsor relationships through effective communication. Convert new sponsors into committed supporters through identification of shared goals and values.
- Execute individual business plan to exceed revenue goals.
- May lead and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising.
- Handle fiscal accountability for significant income requirements. Provide timely and accurate projections to the Executive Director.
- Build fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Assist in recruiting, identifying, and training temporary coordinators and volunteers.
- Engage in continued learning opportunities provided by MDA’s Learning and Development Center and outside resources (non-profit blogs, TED talks, and fundraising experts).
- Work closely with the Family Support team on the Muscle Walk and other family engagement fundraising programs.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
Back to top