At MDA,we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from theharmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer andgrow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
AFundraising Coordinator is a dynamic and creative fundraiser responsible forsecuring new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developingrelationship and expanding MDA’s business in the community. Reports to theExecutive Director and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. TheFundraising Coordinator does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Execute individual business plan to exceed revenuegoals.
- Create fundraising opportunities through variousbusiness development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up andnew lead generation.
- Leverage existing business while continually generatingnew sales.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasivepresentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, and trainingtemporary coordinators and volunteers.
- Manage fiscal accountability for significant incomerequirements. Provide timely andaccurate projections to Executive Director.
- Oversee and participate in the execution of majorfundraising programs such as MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk,Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other communitybased fundraising and health care activities such as clinics, MDA Summer Camp,support group and other service programs.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- Drive: Motivated to meet andexceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meetbusiness objectives. Demonstrate theability to close the sale.
- Initiative:Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seekincreased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independentlyand collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking;listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly andinformatively.
- Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand businessimplications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, completeadministrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpectedevents. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Dependability:Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Non-Profit Managementpreferred) and two+ years’ experience in sales, corporate development orfundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel throughout District’s territory aswell as work evenings/weekends as necessary. Use of personal vehicle in thecourse of employment to travel throughout the district. Significant localtravel is required for this position; including visiting local business, healthcare facilities, and events in public places. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use existingtechnology to achieve desired results.
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteranstatus.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top