The Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning, analysis and projection. They forecast future revenues and expenditures to establish cost structures and determine capital budgeting for projects. The Financial Analyst will work with functional leadership and will need to be well versed in financial modeling and utilizing excel. The strong Financial Analyst will be detail oriented, thorough, and analytical and posses the ability to take the initiative to work and think independently while also being able to collaborate well in a team setting.
- Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting and forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Determine cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintain various databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Detail Minded:Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while
- Problem Solving:Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top