Family Support & Clinical Care Admin Asst
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects of muscledebilitating
diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
A Family Support & Clinical Care (FSCC) Administrative Assistant is a take-charge, organized professional supporting a
dynamic, fast-paced Family Support & Clinical Care team (in multiple offices and remote team members). The FSCC
Administrative Assistant is an individual with a customer service approach, strong computer skills, able to track and
monitor multiple projects and stellar interpersonal skills. Reporting to the FSCC Associate Director, the FSCC
Administrative Assistant works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The FSCC Administrative Assistant does not have
supervisory responsibilities of employees, but may direct and guide volunteers.
- General support of Family Support & Clinical Care staff in multiple locations including, but not limited to, assisting with family calls/emails, sending out new family paperwork and management of incoming paperwork, working with vendors & Care Center teams.
- Maintaining accurate records on families, including file management & updating of patient management system.
- In conjunction with the Family Support & Clinical Care Coordinators, oversee the equipment assistance program, including the handling of new donations and entry into equipment tracking system. Communicating with vendors, securing paperwork.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and SharePoint skills needed to enter & update data, mail merge, create letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
- Responsible for invoice processing.
- Assist with coordinating and managing volunteers for office assistance, events and camp.
- Assist with Care Center prep and post responsibilities.
- Support Camp Directors and their camp efforts with all related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for securing donations for various events.
- Provide administrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, general office duties and social media for district team(s).
- Work with FSCC Coordinator(s) on family engagement efforts, including Muscle Walk and recruitment efforts, support groups, educational events & young adult programs.
- Attend events and Care Centers as requested.
- Perform other duties as needed to accomplish Family Support & Clinical Care and organization goals.
- Work closely with the DOCs and DODs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multi-tasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative – Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multi-task in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
● High School Diploma or Equivalent required
● Proven administrative experience
● Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
● Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
● Strong planning and prioritization skills
● Attention to detail and problem solving
● Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Back to top