Family Care Administrative Assistant
AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
A Family Care Administrative Assistantis a take-charge, organized professional supporting a dynamic, fast-pacedFamily Support & Clinical Care team (in multiple offices and remote teammembers). The Family Care Administrative Assistant is an individual with acustomer service approach, strong computer skills, able to track and monitormultiple projects and stellar interpersonal skills. Reporting to the AssociateDirector of Family Support & Clinical Care, the Family Care AdministrativeAssistant works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The Family CareAdministrative Assistant does not have supervisory responsibilities ofemployees, but may direct and guide volunteers.
- Generalsupport of Family Support & Clinical Care staff in multiple locationsincluding, but not limited to, assisting with family calls/emails, sending outnew family paperwork and management of incoming paperwork, working with vendors& Care Center teams
- Maintainingaccurate records on families, including file management & updating ofpatient management system.
- In conjunction with the Family Care Specialists,oversee the equipment assistance program, including the handling of newdonations and entry into equipment tracking system. Communicating with vendors,securing paperwork.
- AdvancedMicrosoft Office and SharePoint skills needed to enter & update data, mailmerge, create letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
- Responsiblefor invoice processing.
- Assistwith coordinating and managing volunteers for office assistance, events andcamp.
- Assistwith Care Center prep and post responsibilities.
- Supportcamp Directors and their camp efforts with all related duties as assigned.
- Responsiblefor securing donations to various events.
- Provideadministrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, generaloffice duties and social media for district team(s).
- Workwith Family Care Specialists on family engagement efforts, including MuscleWalk and recruitment efforts, support groups, educational events & youngadult programs.
- Attendevents and Care Centers as requested.
- Performother duties as needed to accomplish Family Support & Clinical Care teamand organizational goals.
- Workclosely with the DOCs and DODs.
- Allother duties as assigned.
- Detailminded: Demonstrateaccuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization.Strong attention to detail while multi-tasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate,listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly andinformatively. Initiative – Demonstrate ability to work independently and aspart of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization andtime management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team memberssimultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency withMicrosoft Office Suite, SharePoint, ability to learn and adapt to newtechnologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and externalinteractions and responds appropriately.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment;treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for ownactions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multi-task in a changing workenvironment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to changeapproach to best fit the situation.
- HighSchool Diploma or Equivalent required
- Provenadministrative experience
- Knowledgeof office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability tomulti-task
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
- Attentionto detail and problem solving
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft OfficeSuite and SharePoint
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, orprotected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top