Executive Editor of Program Content and Production
The Executive Editor of Program Content and Production is responsible for the creation and development of all content for the camper experience, overseeing the concepts, research, writing, and editing of core resources, including print, online, multimedia and other formats. S(he) manages a program team and works across MDA departments to guide the development of informational, promotional and marketing materials for internal and external stakeholders. This role works to support the Senior Vice President and full Recreation and Camp team as well as other MDA departments. They will ensure that editorial style, tone, and presentation for print and digital products are contemporary with industry standards, and consistent with the MDA brand voice. This position oversees the work product to ensure that all resources align to the department strategy, are fun, age appropriate, original and that all content ties to the fundamental camper experience and desired outcomes, meeti ng the highest standards of style and content for target audiences.
- Builds and maintains a community of practice for collaboration with other teams to oversee content creation.
- Works with the Recreation and Camp team to support the development of best in class camp and recreation programs.
- Works with SVP of Recreation and Camp to develop proposals for grants in partnership with Development team.
- Oversees the writing and editing of the current program products and works with SVP of Recreation and Camp to establish framework for future programming including life skills, STEM and workforce development.
- Provides Project Management leadership with Recreation and Camp team to produce program assets within specified timeframes on time and under budget.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information with which to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate verbally and in writing, listen and seek clarification; handle difficult or emotional situations; maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, youth programming required.
- Minimum of 15+ years’ experience in editorial management roles; digital experience a plus.
- NYC based.
- Remote or partial remote work setting available
- Travel, up to 15% required.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top