At MDA,we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from theharmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer andgrow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
An Executive Director is dynamic andinnovative leader to drive fundraising, health care services, relationshipbuilding, and overall community presence. TheExecutive Director must inspire and manage a diverse team of employees Thisindividual will drive the financial results of the District and MDA’s standardof excellence in the quality of services provided to the families we serve throughouta specific geographical area. Reports tothe Divisional Director and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. TheExecutive Director supervises a team including but not limited to, AssociateExecutive Director, Area Director, Director of Business Development,Fundraising Coordinator, Health Care Service Coordinator, and AdministrativeAssistant.
- Effective leadership, management and development of allDistrict staff. Provide direction andleadership toward the achievement of MDA’s philosophy, mission, strategy andour annual objectives and budget.
- Take accountability for the attainment of District Teamincome and individual fundraising goals.
- Manage fiscal accountability for significant individualand team income requirements. Provideaccurate projections to Divisional Director.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans ensuringDistrict achievement of income and health care goals, following the BusinessPlan and Health Care measurable documentation.
- Drive new income opportunities by engaging andrecruiting MDA sponsors, volunteers and community members.
- Create a dynamic office culture that attracts,retains, and motivates a diverse team of top quality employees and volunteers.
- Take an active role in hiring, training anddevelopment of the staff including coaching, feedback and performance reviews.
- Oversee and participate in the execution ofmajor fundraising programs such as; MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, MuscleWalk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and othercommunity based fundraising and health care activities such as; clinics, MDASummer Camp, support group and other service programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Leadership:Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to Team members, developsworkable plans, set expectations, monitor delegated activities and providerecognition for results.
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking;listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly andinformatively.
- ProblemSolving Skills: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully;solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative:Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask forand offer help when needed.
- Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand businessimplications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, completeadministrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpectedevents. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’sdegree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and three to five years ofdirect management experience required orequivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstratedexperience in financial planning/reporting and budgetary oversight.
- Provensuccess managing professional staff and providing guidance and support to helpthem achieve their goals.
- Abilityto travel within territory and work flexible hours. Use of personal vehicle in the course ofemployment to travel throughout the district. Significant local travel is required for this position; includingvisiting local business, health care facilities, and events in public places.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suiteproducts
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top