The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will support him/her as well as the other executives in the New York office including, but not limited to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Marketing Office, and Chief Legal Officer. This individual will assist all executives in all areas of office and administrative support. This includes ensuring a sound understanding of the organizations objectives and the executive’s shifting priorities in order to best manage and optimize effectiveness of each’s schedules and priorities. He/She will also provide advanced administrative support with exceptional care and under tight deadlines and will be expected to deal with highly confidential material. This person will need the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize assignments while working under pressure and be able to take initiative and work independently as well as be an effective team player. The Executive Assist ant will be expected provide effective and professional correspondence on behalf of the executives over the phone, in person, and through e-mail and will need to closely partner with the Executive Assistants in the Chicago Office to ensure seamless and continual support as both executives travel between offices.
- Maintains clear and regular communication with both executives to ensure understanding of their shifting priorities in order to effectively support and prioritize work.
- Manages multiple sources of communication and responds on the behalf of the executives with all levels of internal staff and external contacts with clear and professional communication.
- Manages the active schedules of each executive and ensures both are well informed on upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follows up appropriately.
- Complies appropriate information or data and prepares reports and other documents as requested.
- Maintains strict level of confidentiality of all sensitive correspondence, data, and other information.
- Partners with Executive Assistants in Chicago to ensure seamless and continual support of all executives as they travel between offices.
- Coordinates travel itineraries as well as meetings, trainings, and other events and completes expense reports
- Initiate projects to improve efficiency of support of both executives and ensure ability to re-prioritize and manage last minute requests and short deadlines with workload.
- Maintains inventory and orders general office supplies as needed.
- Supports executives with preparation of material for the Board and all other projects.
- Provides administrative support other National staff in the New York office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or appropriate experience.
- Must have 10 + years’ experience with supporting multiple staff and/or experience supporting a senior-level executive.
- Successful track record in strategic work flow and office management.
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
- Ability to communicate in a consistent, proactive and inclusive manner.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and organizational skills.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top