Endurance Manager - DFW
Purpose: At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needs and each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents' expectations.
MDA is seeking a Fundraising Endurance Manager inthe Dallas, TX area. The Endurance Manager is responsible for directing a largescale participant recruitment campaign, fundraising coaching and guidance,participant support, and building key program framework for the Muscular DystrophyAssociation's signature endurance training and fundraising program, "TeamMomentum".
MDA Team Momentum is a powerful and inspiring programthat empowers ordinary people to do extraordinary things to save and improvelives of people fighting muscle disease. The program enables novice andexperienced walkers and runners to train for and participate in a halfmarathon, marathon, or Triathlon to raise awareness and dollars to fight muscledisease.
- Create awareness for and be ambassador of MDA in localendurance community
- Build and execute a local marketing campaign to driveawareness and recruitment
- Sales and recruitment experience preferred - Goal: Recruit 250 TeamMomentum participants and raise $250,000 Gross annually
- Recruit and manage a core volunteer group of 15 people, 1-2coaches, and 3-5 mentors
- Responsible for coaching all participants to hit fundraisingmaximums and retention of memberS
- Manage logistics of Info Sessions and event weekend includingpublic speaking, securing volunteers and leading all aspects of these events.
- Sales skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business,marketing, communications or related field required
- Endurance event (running andwalking) recruitment experience
- Ability to work frequentevening and weekend hours and travel to events within local community
- Strong public speaking skills,written and verbal communications
- Knowledge/interest inendurance event community (running and walking)
- Skilled in Microsoft Officeprograms, including Office, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Flexibility and able to managemultiple priorities effectively
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Strong focus on customerservice
- Goal oriented
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top