Manage all local elements of the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s signature endurance training and fundraising program, “Team Momentum” including recruitment, fundraising, participant support, and building key program framework. The endurance manager will recruit teams of participants to 2 or 3 half-marathon or full-marathon events annually as assigned. The position is responsible for local market participant recruitment, participant experience, fundraising, and sponsor and partner development.
- Create awareness for and be ambassador of MDA and its mission in local endurance (Marathon/Half-Marathon and running/walking) event community
- Build and execute a local promotional campaign including a fully integrated grassroots marketing strategy in an effort to build awareness and drive recruitment
- Facilitate successful recruitment strategy in market, meeting all participant recruitment and fundraising metrics/goals
- Responsible for all participant support, communication and fundraising assistance
- Develop and build base of volunteers, coaches, mentors, and honored heroes
- Develop and implement retention plan for team members, coaches, volunteers, mentors, and honored heroes
- Oversee fundraising strategy and provide guidance and support for all participants
- Build and implement local Corporate Sponsorship/Partnership opportunity, including corporate team engagement
- Accountable for managing local Team Momentum budget and meeting assigned benchmarks
- Assist with event weekend logistics, volunteer recruitment and support for all participants
- Champion diversity throughout the endurance platform and organization wide
- Goal: Recruit 250 Team Momentum participants and raise $250,000 Net per season
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with fundraising software, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactions and responding in a timely manner.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Sales skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications or related field required
- Endurance event (running and walking) recruitment experience
- Ability to work frequent evening and weekend hours and travel to events within local community
- Strong public speaking skills, written and verbal communications
- Knowledge/interest in endurance event community (running and walking)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs, including Office, Excel, Word, Power Point
- Flexibility and able to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Strong focus on customer service
- Goal oriented
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top