Divisional Chief Executive
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and thefamilies who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitatingdiseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values areour strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We'redriven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding:We're attentive to our constituent's needs and each other's.
Stewardship: Byinvesting precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: Wefoster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning:Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: Westrive to do our best and exceed constituents' expectations.
A Divisional Director is a dynamic andinnovative leader with the ability to drive fundraising, relationship buildingand health care services. The Divisional Director will work with Executive Directors to inspireand manage a diverse team of employees located in separate offices. Thisindividual will drive fundraising results and ensure MDA's standard ofexcellence in the quality of services provided to the families we serve. Reports to the Divisional Chief Executive andworks closely with all levels of the MDA Team.
- Effectiveleadership, management and development of District staff, primarily workingthrough local Executive Directors.
- Develop and leadstrategic business plans ensuring achievement of income and as well as managingall expenses.
- Handle fiscalaccountability by meeting and exceeding measurable goals and providing accurateprojections.
- Mentor employees,conduct performance evaluations, counsel, coaching and provide disciplinaryactions when needed, work to facilitate individual and team development thatdrives positive results.
- Focus onprofessional development of Team members, collaborating with Training andDevelopment for staff onboarding and further education.
- Build andmaintain high functioning District Teams, partnering with Human Resources onhiring and personnel matters.
- Maintain abilityto step in and lead District Teams in all major fundraising and programs,including Summer Camp.
- Drive new incomeopportunities by engaging and recruiting MDA sponsors, volunteers and communitymembers. Leading Divisional programs and initiatives as needed.
- All other dutiesassigned.
- Leadership:Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members, setexpectations, evaluate employee performance and provide recognition forresults.
- Initiative:Measure self against a standard of excellence. Demonstrate persistence andovercome obstacles, take calculated risks to accomplish goals. Ability to worka demanding, primarily self-directed work schedule. Continually work to diversestrategy Improve leadership skills.
- Integrity:Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accepts responsibility for own actions. Understand businessimplications of decisions, align work with strategic goals. Meet allcommitments.
- Flexibility:Develop new or es to achieve organizational goals. Able to lead in a changingwork environment. Handle challenging demands and unexpected events.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate verbally and inwriting, listen and seek clarification; handle difficult or emotionalsituations; maintain confidentiality.
- Problem Solving: Conduct appropriate analysis and make clear, consistent and timelydecisions.
- Bachelor's degree(Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and 5+ years of direct teammanagement experience required or equivalent combination of education andexperience.
- Demonstratedexperience in financial and budgetary management.
- Shownsuccess in leading professional staff and providing guidance and supportto help them achieve their goals.
- Travel throughoutthe assigned territory is required for this position. Use of personal vehiclein the course of employment to travel throughout the Division.
- Some evening andweekend hours are required.
- Computer skillsincluding Microsoft Office Suite products.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationalorigin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top