Director of Resource Hub
The Director of MDA's Resource Hub will oversee and optimize a dynamic resource center for the neuromuscular disease community, bringing together one on one personal support with technology solutions. The MDA Resource Hub Director will report to the VP, Care and Clinical Services and work closely with other teams within MDA as well as volunteers and families.
- Serve as a leader on the Mission Programs Team.
- Collaborating across organization leadership to secure and maintain sponsorships and support.
- Collaborating across mission program directors on programmatic priorities.
- Develop and implement clinical professional staff engagement in Resource Hub.
- Develop and implement community survey instruments and translate findings into organizational recommendations.
- Collaborate with communications and development departments to raise awareness about the Resource Hub.
- Stay current with and recommend best practices for implementation.
- Supervise the resource hub employees, with direct reports as assigned.
- Responsible for strategic planning, project management and budgets accountability.
- Manage and oversee the Hubs vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Working knowledge of applications and web based software
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Drive: Motivated to develop and exceed business plans and to clearly set expectations and goals. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Advanced/Masters' degree in Health Care, Business or associated related field
- 5+ years of Clinical and/or Health Care Information experience
- 2+ years of previous management experience
- Proficient understanding of data analytics and working knowledge with a web portal
- Vendor relationship experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse team
- A creative, innovative thinker with a propensity for troubleshooting and finding solutions to difficult challenges
- Research experience with scholarly reference formation and research writing, preferred
- Experience with mobile applications for iOS and Android including editing
- Software development experience, including ability to write and edit software programs and websites
- Experience integrating apps with web-based application platforms preferred, not required
- Salesforce platform experience preferred, not required
- Asana project platform experience preferred, not required
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top