Director of Fundraising Volunteer Programs
OurPurpose: AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
The Directorof Fundraising Volunteer Programs will be reporting to the VP, FundraisingOperations. This position overseesthe FundraisingOperations Volunteer Specialist and helps ensure that volunteers areused appropriately for events and program administration throughout the localoffices. This person must understand the importance of volunteers to theorganization, and the importance of planning ongoing volunteer management. Byassuring the processes in place are adhered to it at allows volunteers to beused most effectively to have the best impact.
- Ensure that volunteers are used accordinglythroughout the local offices for events and the servicing of retail and otherfundraising programs.
- Work with the Administrative Assistants in thelocal offices to make sure they are using volunteers accordingly.
- Provides support to the Chief PhilanthropyOfficer in the identification of new individuals for volunteer councils andassists in regular and ongoing communication with such volunteer groups.
- Implements and ensure national volunteer processare followed.
- Oversee and review distributed assignmentdocumentation for accuracy.
- Review and manage case plans and ongoing strategiesfor volunteer advocacy.
- Oversee to ensure volunteers are staffed tosupport the various areas of operations, to include fundraising, specialevents, development, and marketing/communications.
- Authorize the most efficient use of volunteers,appropriate volunteer/supervisory mix, and future workforce needs to supportvolunteer and revenue operations.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timelystatistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Ensure the purpose of the volunteers and itsactions is clearly communicated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analytical:Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Usesintuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- BusinessAcumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displaysorientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treatsothers with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail whilemultitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly andpersuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate inmeetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability towork independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment,including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support tomultiple team members simultaneously.
- BS/BA in business administration, humanresources, social studies or relevant field will be appreciate
- +5 years of experience in similar role
- Knowledge of management principles andevaluation techniques related to programs that involve a team of volunteers
- Experience in volunteering locally and/orinternationally
- Event Management: Past experience in event management orvolunteer engagement
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self ina calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or withdifficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectivelycommunicate orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array oftasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructuredenvironment with frequent interruptions
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Director of Business Development
Nathan works with businesses in the local community to develop new partnerships with MDA. The funds he raises help the organization's mission grow and thrive.
Back to top