Director of Consumer Engagement
Director of Consumer Engagement
AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needsand each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents' expectations.
A Director of ConsumerEngagement (DCE) is a dynamic and creative fundraiser responsible for securingand growing new income, developing relationships with major sponsors andworking to expand MDA's business including but not limited to MDA's core ConsumerEngagement programs such as Pin Ups, Round-Up, Customer- ask Campaign, etc. TheDirector of Consumer Engagement will lead all aspects of the CE program in themarket. The DCE will work with the Executive Director to ensure income growthin the market. The DCE will report to the Executive Director and works closelywith all levels of the MDA Team. The Director of Consumer Engagement does nothave supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for effectively andefficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to meetfinancial goals and execute successful Consumer Engagement events, such as PinUps, Round-Up, Customer- ask Campaign, etc. within the DistrictBusiness Plan.
- Execute individual business plan toexceed revenue goals and quotas specifically related to growth and new incomesources.
- Identify and execute best practicesthat result in growth of event revenue in alignment with income plans. Drives best practices and encouragesinnovation.
- Create fundraising opportunities throughvarious development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up andnew lead generation.
- Leveraging existing business whilecontinually generating new sales.
- Deliver organized, structured, andpersuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Represent MDA throughout the communityand actively engage in networking events and business development groups.
- Collaborate with District Leadership andFundraising Team to develop a district wide fundraising strategy, timelines andgoals with concentrated focus on Community Engagement programs such as MuscleWalks and Lock Up's.
- Manage fiscal accountability, followingthe District Business Plan, including providing accurate monthly projections toExecutive Director.
- Build relationships and accountabilitysystems to ensure supporters are engaged and our mission is clearlyarticulated.
- Perform other duties or special projectsas needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Drive: Motivated to meet and exceedfundraising goals and quotas. Establishand maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet businessobjectives.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence.Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increasedresponsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate theability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety ofpersonalities and leadership styles.
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate,including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate inmeetings; write clearly and informatively.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat otherswith respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions.Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals,complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizationalgoals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment.Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach tobest fit the situation.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for ownactions; keeps commitments.
- Bachelor'sdegree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and 2 or more years of demonstrated sales and businessdevelopment experience with a track record of successfully meeting quotas andsurpassing expectations orequivalent combination of education and work experience in sales and/orfundraising.
- Ability towork independently and have high personal expectations of work product.
- Ability totravel throughout District's territory as well as work evenings/weekends asnecessary. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment is needed totravel throughout the district. Significant local travel is required for thisposition; including visiting local business, sponsors, health care facilities,and events in public places.
- Strongcomputer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desiredresults
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top