Director of Clinical Services
The National Director of Clinical Services is responsible for the senior level leadership and management of all operational aspects in the Clinical Support Services Team. The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership, operations, and quality and safety management to assure a comprehensive Clinical Support Service for MDA.
- Plans and organizes activities related to specify clinical services to ensure family’s needs are met in accordance with professional standards and facility administrative procedures.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates methods to ensure effective and efficient use of staff, facilities, equipment, and other resources while maintaining patient care standards.
- Consults with management, facility staff, on patient care problems and interpretation of facility policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Organizes training for staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Observe procedures and make appropriate suggestions and recommendations for improving policies, and procedures.
- Formulates budget based on appropriate workload indicators and anticipated revenues in conjunction with Administrator.
- Monitors and controls department costs to maintain expenditures within allocations.
- Engages in studies and investigations related to improving delivery of services.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of team and conduct recruitment, hiring and training of team.
- Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and cost effective options.
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for clinical areas.
- Review and analyze clinical activities and data to aid, planning, costing and risk management.
- Establish clinical objectives and evaluate for meeting operational criteria.
- Leadership: Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members, set expectations, evaluate employee performance, and provide recognition for results. Delegate responsibilities appropriately to each person on their team.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative: Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Analytical: Can synthesize complex or diverse information in an understandable way; able to conduct basic legal research.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in Clinical Support care and clinical services delivery.
- Three (3) years of the experience must have been in a leadership capacity overseeing clinic services, directing programs and operations relating to clinical and community service programs.
- Considerable working knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations pertaining to Clinical Support and related clinical programs; considerable working knowledge of principles , practices and issues of Clinical Support care; working knowledge of administrative and clinical operations, functions and systems involving Clinical Support service delivery; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable organizational skills; considerable analytical skills..
- Ability to relate to clinical personnel, medical staff and senior management.
- Track record in development and management of an integrated service continuum.
- Excellent ability to develop and manage operating and capital budgets within approved parameters.
- Ability to think in a strategic manner and execute competitive strategies in a planned and deliberate fashion.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top