Director of Business Development
Remote position working from Amarillo, Texas
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and thefamilies who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitatingdiseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values areour strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We'redriven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding:We're attentive to our constituent's needs and each other's.
Stewardship: Byinvesting precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: Wefoster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning:Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: Westrive to do our best and exceed constituents' expectations.
A Director of Business Development(DBD) is a dynamic and creative fundraiser responsible for securing newincome, developing relationships with major sponsors and working to expandMDA's business by leading various committee relationships. Youwill be part of the District leadership team and will work with the ExecutiveDirector to ensure income growth in the market. The DBD reports to theExecutive Director and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The DBDdoes not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Execute individual business plan to exceedrevenue goals and quotas specifically related to growth and new income sources.
- Participate in the execution of majorfundraising programs such as MDA's Shamrocks against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk,Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other communitybased fundraising.
- Build new and maintain existing sponsorrelationships through effective communication. Transform new sponsors intocommitted supporters through identification of shared goals and values.
- Work with Fundraising team to help them developtheir target lists and learn development techniques.
- Collaborate with Executive Director andFundraising Team to develop a district wide fundraising strategy, timelines andgoals.
- Build fundraising opportunities through variousbusiness development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up andnew lead generation.
- Continued prospecting, lead generation andtargets for all MDA emphasis programs.
- Using existing business while continuallygenerating new sponsorship partners.
- Represent MDA throughout the community andactively engage in networking events and business development groups.
- Handle fiscal accountability, following theDistrict Business Plan, including providing accurate monthly projections toExecutive Director.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasivepresentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently and have a highstandard of excellence for self.
- Drive:Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish andmaintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives.
- Initiative:Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-developmentactivities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask forand offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently andharmoniously with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking;listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly andinformatively.
- Integrity:Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand businessimplications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, completeadministrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle competing demands andunexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Dependability:Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Bachelor's degree (Business or Non-ProfitManagement preferred) and/or three to five years of demonstrated sales andbusiness development experience with a track record of successfully meetingsales quotas and exceeding expectations or equivalent combination of educationand work experience in sales and/or fundraising.
- Proven ability to work independently and havehigh personal expectations of work product with demonstrated achievements beingmet.
- Ability to travel throughout District'sterritory as well as work evenings/weekends as necessary. Use of personalvehicle in the course of employment is needed to travel throughout thedistrict. Significant local travel is required for this position; includingvisiting local business, health care facilities, and events in public places.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hoursand attend meetings beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
- Strong computer skills and ability to useexisting technology to achieve desired results.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationalorigin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top