Digital Marketing Intern
The Digital Marketing Intern is an unpaid internship working with and reporting to the Sr. Director of Digital Marketing. The successful intern will be hard-working, responsible, respectful and self-driven as well as possess a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and initiative. Not only will this intern be able to gain valuable work experience, he/she will also be given the opportunity to regularly meet with other interns to network, collaborate, and participate in various professional development sessions including leadership classes, hearing executive speakers, and participating in MDA Mission or Income Development Events.
He/She will work with the entire marketing team to support and assist with the execution of digital marketing strategy and initiatives. This individual will also be responsible for creating a final project and portfolio throughout the internship to present about what he/she has learned throughout the internship to use for future use and reference.
- Work with Sr. Digital Marketing Director to refine social media strategy and best practices.
- Assist in managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging.
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns.
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly.
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) and engage them in brand activities.
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed.
- Work on email development and journey mapping for MDA audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement with system and make recommendations to improve.
- Partner with other departments and assist in creation and modification of online websites or posts to support different fundraising initiatives.
- Research and utilize best practices for organizational and initiative branding.
- Proofread a variety of Marketing and PR content through various mediums.
- Assist team in creation of content aligned with strategy of the marketing team and vision of the organization.
- Support Marketing team to ensure all content has a consistent tone, voice, and message as required.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with Marketing team members on a variety of projects.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete business-related tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Must be enrolled and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited College or University.
- Digital savviness and ability to quickly pick up on and learn use and application of different software.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think big picture and consider implication of decisions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible to changing priorities while still maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic Knowledge of MS Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top