The Development Specialist is a dynamic and creative front-line fundraiser responsible for securing and growing new income, developing relationships with major sponsors – either corporate, foundational, and/or individual -- and working to expand MDA’s business including but not limited to MDA’s core Consumer Engagement programs, community engagement activities, and IAFF programs. The Development Specialist will work with the Executive Director and the district fundraising team in a highly collaborative manner in order to ensure income growth in the market. The Development Specialist will report to the Executive Director and work closely with all levels of the MDA Team. S/he is expected to collaborate with and take direction from the National Vice Presidents to ensure best practices are being followed. The Development Specialist may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to meet financial goals and execute successful consumer engagement, community, and IAFF events within the district business plan.
- Execute individual business plan to exceed revenue goals and quotas specifically related to growth and new income sources.
- Responsible for District goal of $300,000-$350,000 including soft credit for Team Momentum.
- Identify and execute best practices that result in growth of event revenue in alignment with income plans. Drives best practices and encourages innovation.
- Create fundraising opportunities through various development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up and new lead generation.
- Leveraging existing business while continually generating new sales.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication
- Represent MDA throughout the community and actively engage in networking events and business development groups.
- Collaborate with local and national leadership to develop a fundraising strategy, timelines, and goals.
- Manage fiscal accountability, following the District Business Plan, including providing accurate monthly projections to Executive Director.
- Build relationships and accountability systems to ensure supporters are engaged and our mission is clearly articulated.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top