The Development Assistant (DA) is a take-charge, organized professional supporting a dynamic office. The DA is an individual with strong computer skills, book-keeping experience, customer service approach, telephone manner and stellar interpersonal skills. S/he will report to the Executive Director and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The DA does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Utilize MDA’s proprietary computer software to help the District achieve Fundraising goals.
- Serve as lead liaison and superuser on the Financial Force accounting system for the district.
- Act as volunteer coordinator or work directly with volunteer coordinator for the district. Working closely with the national office of volunteers, to coordinate volunteers for office, fund-raising events, & projects as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive skills needed to enter & update data, mail merge, craft letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping functions; deposits, processing invoices, reconciling income and entering data in MDA’s web-based accounting program; running financial reports.
- Provide administrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, general office duties and social media.
- Provide event assistance to team with preparation of materials, securing donations for events, updating databases & reporting.
- Assist with database management of volunteer information by utilizing Salesforce.
- Maintain frequent contact with volunteers to engage in local volunteer opportunities, update information, and provide information in response to individual requests.
- Assist with upkeep of confidential databases, files, forms, and other duties as needed.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for administrative office and events.
- Participate in the application for local foundations and grants.
- Perform other duties as needed to accomplish administrative, fundraising and health care goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate discernment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members at a time.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle challenging demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Prior Bookkeeping experience; business information tracking/report writing.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top