The Development Assistant (DA) is a take-charge, organized professional supporting a dynamic office. The DA is an individual with strong computer skills, book-keeping experience, customer service approach, telephone manner and stellar interpersonal skills working internally with staff and externally with constituents including donors, volunteers, participants, and others. S/he will report to the Executive Director and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The DA does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping functions; deposits, processing invoices, reconciling income and entering data in MDA’s web-based accounting program; running financial reports.
- Provide administrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, general office duties and social media.
- Provide event assistance to team with preparation of materials, securing donations for events, updating databases & reporting.
- Participate in the application for local foundations and grants.
- Perform other duties as needed to accomplish administrative, fundraising & development goals."
- Utilize MDA’s proprietary computer software to help the District achieve Fundraising goals.
- Serve as lead liaison and superuser on the Financial Force accounting system for the district.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for administrative office and events.
- Serve as a Volunteer Program Coordinator (VPC) or work directly with the VPC for the District office. This includes not limited to:
a). Working daily in Salesforce (CRM tool) to communicate with, track metrics, and manage volunteers.
b). Collaborating with office team members to meet office, fundraising events and other key volunteer needs.
c). Partnering with the national volunteer program to ensure national volunteer strategy is followed and goals are achieved.
d). Recruit, engage and build relationships with local volunteers, to encourage involvement with MDA.
e). Meet and exceed a monetary volunteer revenue goal for their District office annually.
- Assist with upkeep of confidential databases, files, forms, and other duties as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive skills needed to enter & update data, mail merge, craft letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Salesforce.com, Financial Force, Web-based applications
- All other duties as assigned.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate discernment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members at a time.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, Salesforce and Financial Force and the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle challenging demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Prior Bookkeeping experience; business information tracking/report writing.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive
- Ability to travel throughout District’s territory as necessary. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel throughout the district. Local travel may be required in this position; including travel to major events as needed. A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top