Data Architect Manager
The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is undergoing and exciting business and technology transformation. We are in the process of implementing new technologies with the goal of creating a fully integrated Salesforce ecosystem. We are looking for an experienced Data Architect to define how our data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. The organization is going through a rapid transition to a modern technology infrastructure and is looking for an individual with technical acumen, excellent communication skills, and the energy required to keep pace with and drive innovation at MDA.
- Develop overall data strategy for the Salesforce ecosystem, including migration of historical data, integrations and master data management.
- Design and document logical and physical analytical data models for transactional and analytical databases.
- Works closely with Data Stewards, Data Governance and developers to create and maintain data dictionary and data lineage. Helps investigate and resolve data anomalies including data quality issues and ambiguous data definitions. Recommends data integrity checks and controls to ensure data quality.
- Obtains new data requirements from the business and business analysts; and coordinates efforts with the developers, dba’s and business analysts. Performs as data SME in guiding both business and IT users of data.
- Source system analysis, data profiling and creating design documents and Source2Target mappings for the development teams to implement.
- Assists with integrations and large-scale data migrations across the enterprise as well as with optimization and scalability efforts.
- Works closely with key data consumers (report analysts, data scientists etc.) to understand needs and challenges and come up with strategy and solutions.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field preferred
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analystor similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle
- Experience using Salesforce ETL and other data tools (e.g. DemandTools, Data Loader, Excel Connector, Cirrus Insight, MuleSoft, Scribe, Boomi, Jitterbit, Informatica, etc.)
- Ability to use VisualForce, SOQL, and APEX
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the SFDC CRM application coupled with a good understanding around the business processes (Sales, Marketing, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Proven analytical skills
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top