Care & Clinical Services Specialist
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
- Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
- Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
- Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
- Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
- Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
- Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The Care & Clinical Services Specialist will report to the Director of Care & Clinical Services. The primary responsibility of this role is Care Center and family support and engagement. This individual will oversee Care Center responsibilities and the implementation of support, education and engagement programs for the community MDA serves in their territory. S/he is responsible for planning, volunteer recruitment and implementation of MDA’s summer camp program, with support of national initiatives, and will direct/co-direct summer camp session(s). The Care & Clinical Services specialist will be heavily engaged in clinical settings, but will not at any time provide direct patient care or dispense medical advice.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with MDA Care Centers in the territory; frequent communication with Care Center team members, strong working relationships with the Care Center team members, including with Care Center Director(s)
- Attend the Care Centers in the territory as the MDA Representative
- Serve as liaison between the Care Center teams and MDA
- Support and promote engagement in the MDA disease registry in participating MDA Care Centers.
- Responsible for signing up families with MDA and, for maintaining accurate and complete information in the MDA community database
- Relationship management and outreach with all families in the territory
- Direct/co-direct summer camp session(s) which requires overnight stay and travel to/from camp
- Work closely with MDA’s National Resource Center and share information with Resource Specialists to ensure families have access to supports and services
- Become knowledgeable of state and local resources that could benefit MDA’s community
- Develop and manage community and family outreach plan
- Work with the Program Development department and team supervisors in the development and implementation of educational and family events throughout the year
- Manage and maintain communications calendar with families and local and regional stakeholders
- Engage in continuous quality improvement activities and exercises
- Oversight of community programs that serve families in the territory, including ensuring the programs run efficiently, are meeting program objectives, and are compliant with budget and planning parameters.
- Responsible for working with and supporting volunteers to ensure MDA is serving the community with excellence and optimal support through the programs we provide
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor degree in a health-related or social services field or significant related experience is required. Advanced degree and/or professional credential in a health care or related field is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a clinical setting, voluntary health organization, or related fields preferred.
- Successful track record in program implementation and relationship building.
- Ability to travel as necessary to execute job duties. Overnight travel will be required. Travel percentage varies based on territory. Reliable transportation required and proof of valid Driver’s license.
- Comfortable interacting with families from diverse disability, cultural and economic backgrounds within both clinical and community environments.
- Advanced level Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, SharePoint, design programs and customer relationship management software.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top