Care & Clinical Services Coordinator
A Care Coordinator is a take-charge, organized professional supporting a dynamic, fast-paced team (in multiple offices). The Care Coordinator is an individual with a customer service approach, strong computer skills, able to track and monitor multiple projects and stellar interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Associate Director of Care & Clinical Services, the Care Coordinator works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. This role does not have supervisory responsibilities of employees, but may direct and guide volunteers, as appropriate. The Care Coordinator may occasionally be engaged in a clinical setting, but will not at any time provide direct patient care or dispense medical advice.
- General support of Care staff in multiple locations including, but not limited to, assisting with family calls/emails, sending out new family paperwork and management of incoming paperwork, working with vendors & Care Center teams
- Maintaining accurate records on families, including ensuring proper information is included in the patient management system.
- Responsible for creating presentations, running reports, and using other data for supporting the Care Staff changing business needs.
- Engage families with occasional outreach efforts. Understands how to communicate and work with families affected by neuromuscular disease and able to focus on relationship management.
- In conjunction with the Care Specialists, assist with community programs that serve families in the territory, including ensuring programs run efficiently and within MDA’s guidelines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and SharePoint skills needed to enter & update data, mail merge, create letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Responsible for invoice processing.
- Assist National Volunteer Program with coordinating and managing volunteers for office assistance, events and camp.
- Assist with Care Center prep and post responsibilities, and may occasionally attend Care Center as needed, or in the absence of a Care Specialist.
- Support camp director(s) and camp efforts with all related duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, and general office duties
- Work with Family Care Specialists on family outreach efforts as assigned.
- Attend events and community activities as requested
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multi-tasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multi-task in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- An undergraduate degree in a social services or health-related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of proven administrative experience.
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proven strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Professional demeanor and customer service focused approach.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top