AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
An Area Director is a dynamic and creativeleader who drives fundraising initiatives and assists in the development ofhealth care services. The Area Director ispart of the District leadership team tasked with managing and growing MDA’score fundraising programs the community. Reports to the Executive Director andworks closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The Area Director does not havesupervisory responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and District Teamto develop and implement plans, timelines and goals for core fundraisingprograms and events in your territory. Assure deadlines are met and goals are achieved.
- Drive new income opportunities by engaging andrecruiting MDA sponsors, volunteers and community members.
- Manage fiscal accountability for significant incomerequirements, following the District Business Plan. Provide accurate monthly projections toExecutive Director.
- Oversee management of major fundraising programssuch as MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill theBoot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising andhealth care activities such as clinics, MDA Summer Camp, support group andother service programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Drive: Motivated to meet andexceed fundraising goals. Establish and maintain collaborativerelationships with sponsors to meet business objectives.
- Initiative:Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seekincreased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independentlyand collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking;listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly andinformatively.
- Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand businessimplications of decisions; align work with strategic goals; completeadministrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility:Able to thrive in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approachto best fit the situation.
- Self-Motivation: Independent worker; excellent timemanagement, business development and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Non-Profit Managementpreferred) and three to five years of demonstrated sales and businessdevelopment experience with a track record of successfully meeting sales goalsand surpassing expectations or equivalent combination of education and workexperience in sales and/or fundraising. Preferably have had ownership over aspecific territory or account(s).
- Must maintain a private, confidential and professionalworking environment at all times when conducting MDA business at the remotelocation.
- Abilityto work independently and have high personal expectations of work product.
- Ability to travel throughout District’s territory aswell as work evenings/weekends as necessary. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel throughoutthe district. Significant local travelis required for this position; including visiting local businesses, health carefacilities, and events in public places.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use existingtechnology to achieve desired results
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top