The Advocacy Specialist reports to our Director of Advocacy and works within our Mission team to boost MDA’s advocacy and public policy efforts. MDA is dedicated to advocating for policies and programs that benefit the lives of those living with neuromuscular disease. The Advocacy Specialist assists the Director of Advocacy with building momentum around advocacy efforts and supporting policy efforts that benefit the neuromuscular disease community. The Advocacy Specialist will partner with members of the organization to spread awareness about initiatives and connect with the community for continued support and will drive grassroots engagement, including engagement with the MDA Ambassador program.
- Attend and prepare written summaries of meetings, symposia,Congressional hearings, and other events as requested.
- Track legislation and policy initiatives and prepare reports.
- Coordinate grassroots engagement, activities and initiatives.
- Post to social media platforms and website.
- Support development and dissemination of internal and external communications.
- Prepare correspondence to Congressional offices, advocates, and others as requested.
- Assist with Capitol Hill, agency and coalition meetings and prepare leave behind collateral.
- Coordinate with National Resource Center and Program Development department on a regular basis to ensure consistent integrated activities.
- Assist in policy & advocacy conference, meeting, and event planning as requested.
- Prepare materials for and support training and educational activities and events.
- Support MDA conference and symposium activities.
- Manage advocacy technology platform and support development and dissemination of regular advocacy communications
- Maintain advocacy activity calendar.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top