AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
An AdministrativeAssistant is a take-charge, organized professional supporting a dynamic,fast-paced office. The AdministrativeAssistant is an individual with strong computer skills, book-keepingexperience, customer service approach, telephone manner and stellarinterpersonal skills. Reporting to the Executive Director, the AdministrativeAssistant works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The AdministrativeAssistant does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- UtilizeMDA’s proprietary computer software to help the District achieve Fundraisingand Health Care Service goals.
- AdvancedMicrosoft Office and Google Docs skills needed to enter & update data, mailmerge, create letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
- Responsiblefor all bookkeeping functions; deposits, processing invoices, reconcilingincome and entering data in MDA’s web-based accounting program; runningfinancial reports.
- Provide administrative support by answeringphones, handling correspondence, general office duties and social media.
- Provide event assistance to team withpreparation of materials, securing donations for events, updating databases& reporting.
- Coordinate volunteers for office, fund-raisingevents, & projects as needed.
- Assist with upkeep of confidential databases,files, forms, and other duties as needed.
- Maintain inventory of supplies foradministrative office and events.
- Participate in the application for localfoundations and grants.
- Perform other duties as needed to accomplishadministrative, fundraising and health care goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail whilemultitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly andpersuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate inmeetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative – Demonstrate ability towork independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment,including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support tomultiple team members simultaneously.
- Computer Skills: Advanced levelproficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn andadapt to new technologies.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions and responds appropriately.
- Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for ownactions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpectedevents. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Prior Bookkeeping experience; business informationtracking/report writing.
- Advanced levelproficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top