At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and thefamilies who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitatingdiseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values areour strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’redriven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding:We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: Byinvesting precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: Wefoster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning:Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: Westrive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) is atake-charge, organized professional supporting a dynamic office. The AA isan individual with strong computer skills, book-keeping experience, customerservice approach, telephone manner and stellar interpersonal skills. Youwill report to the Executive Director, the AA works closely with alllevels of the MDA Team. The AA does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Utilize MDA’s proprietary computer software tohelp the District achieve Fundraising goals.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Docs skillsneeded to enter & update data, mail merge, craft letters, labels,spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping functions;deposits, processing invoices, reconciling income and entering data in MDA’sweb-based accounting program; running financial reports.
- Provide administrative support by answeringphones, handling correspondence, general office duties and social media.
- Provide event assistance to team withpreparation of materials, securing donations for events, updating databases& reporting.
- Coordinate volunteers for office, fund-raisingevents, & projects as needed.
- Assist with upkeep of confidential databases,files, forms, and other duties as needed.
- Maintain inventory of supplies foradministrative office and events.
- Participate in the application for localfoundations and grants.
- Perform other duties as needed to accomplishadministrative, fundraising and health care goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Detailminded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensurequality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- CommunicationSkills:Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications;participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative -Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit soundand accurate discernment, including prioritization and time management skills.Able to provide support to multiple team members at a time.
- ComputerSkills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and GoogleDocs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and respondsappropriately.
- Integrity:Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle challenging demandsand unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Prior Bookkeeping experience; businessinformation tracking/report writing.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft OfficeSuite and Google Docs.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protectedveteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top