At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families wholove them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so theycan live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: Webelieve in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families andmuscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs andeach other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drivethe best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’expectations.
An Administrative Assistant is a take-charge, organizedprofessional supporting a dynamic, fast-paced office. The AdministrativeAssistant is an individual with strong computer skills, book-keepingexperience, customer service approach, telephone manner and stellarinterpersonal skills. Reporting to the Executive Director, the AdministrativeAssistant works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The AdministrativeAssistant does not have supervisory responsibilities.
● Utilize MDA’sproprietary computer software to help the District achieve Fundraising andHealth Care Service goals.
● Advanced MicrosoftOffice and Google Docs skills needed to enter & update data, mail merge,create letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
● Responsible for allbookkeeping functions; deposits, processing invoices, reconciling income andentering data in MDA’s web-based accounting program; running financial reports.
● Provide administrativesupport by answering phones, handling correspondence, general office duties andsocial media.
● Provide event assistance to team with preparation ofmaterials, securing donations for events, updating databases & reporting.
● Coordinate volunteersfor office, fund-raising events, & projects as needed.
● Assist with upkeep ofconfidential databases, files, forms, and other duties as needed.
● Maintain inventory ofsupplies for administrative office and events.
● Participate in theapplication for local foundations and grants.
● Perform other duties asneeded to accomplish administrative, fundraising and health care goals.
● All other duties as assigned.
● Detail minded: Demonstrateaccuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization.Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
● CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seekclarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.Initiative – Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team;exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and timemanagement skills. Able to provide support to multiple team memberssimultaneously.
● Computer Skills: Advancedlevel proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learnand adapt to new technologies.
● Customer Service: Prioritizesinternal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
● Professionalism: Workwell in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration;accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
● Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing workenvironment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to changeapproach to best fit the situation.
● High School Diploma orEquivalent required.
● Prior Bookkeepingexperience; business information tracking/report writing.
● Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite andGoogle Docs.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protectedveteran status
Back to top