Management Development - Strategy & Operations
- Los Angeles, CA
At McMaster-Carr we are looking for high potential individuals to lead and develop teams, challenge business assumptions, and make an impact while developing as a company leader. Throughout your career you will make operational and process improvements in areas like Finance, Distribution Operations, Product Development, Sales, and Marketing. This is a promotional path in which your management responsibility and project scope grow quickly while you enjoy exceptional work-life balance.
Who We Are
We help customers build anything because we offer everything – we stock and distribute more than half a million products. We focus on creating visual and informative product merchandising, building our own systems and technology in-house, and improving operationally to create exceptional customer experiences around the globe. As we look to the future, we apply experimentation and innovation to the lessons learned since our start in 1901. Our success continues with the ideas and commitment of the bright and ambitious people that differentiate McMaster-Carr.
No two career paths at McMaster-Carr are the same. Mentors will guide you, but development at McMaster-Carr is self-driven. Our dynamic business requires agile, adaptable leaders to tackle problems and add value across a variety of functions. Throughout your career you will:
- Dive into exciting work that includes integrating cutting-edge automation technology, redesigning distribution flows, planning site expansion, developing search marketing, and using customer data to identify unmet product needs.
- Embrace the opportunity to explore and observe all areas of the business; then challenge the current state and drive change.
- Leverage previous work experience and strong critical thinking skills to identify, develop, and drive strategic process improvement initiatives that increase operational efficiency.
- Develop high-performing teams through coaching, training, and relationship building.
A typical day at McMaster-Carr will vary from role to role, but you might find yourself doing any of the following:
- Leading a project meeting with leaders across the company
- Researching new market opportunities
- Managing distribution operations
- Implementing a new process you’ve developed
- Contributing to one of our learning communities by developing and sharing best practices
- Visiting a customer site to gather feedback on our service and products
- Providing feedback to your team members to support their development
McMaster-Carr is committed to an inclusive workplace where you are valued and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and diversity are built into the way we form teams, design projects, and create on-site resources. Regardless of your background, you can flourish at McMaster-Carr if you love to learn, do great work, and pursue ambitious goals. Successful candidates at McMaster-Carr tend to share some of the same qualities:
- A history of academic and professional success
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn new things, adaptability, and a growth-oriented mindset
McMaster-Carr offers benefits to build a healthy, positive workplace that encourages you to do great work. At McMaster-Carr, work is just one part of a full life and we strive to create a balance that meets your needs and those of our customers. Our shared commitment to success leads to an investment in our financial well-being through competitive wages, profit sharing, medical insurance with no monthly premiums, company-funded retirement accounts, full tuition reimbursement, first-time home buyer assistance, and more.
We're hiring in Chicago, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Atlanta and Princeton, NJ and look forward to learning about you!
For more information on McMaster-Carr, please visit: https://www.mcmaster.com/careers/opportunities/management-development
OE/M/F/VET/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top