Development and Design
- Chicago, IL
Curious and engaged minds thrive at McMaster-Carr. A career at McMaster-Carr offers talented and driven college graduates the opportunity to gain experience in software development, design, and technical project management. Regardless of your prior experience, you will develop skills in all of these areas, build software that will be used by our employees and customers, and be involved in major business decisions. Mentors will guide you, but development at McMaster-Carr is self-driven: embrace the opportunity to explore, ask questions, be challenged, and make an impact.
Who We Are
At McMaster-Carr we help customers build anything because we offer everything – we stock and distribute more than half a million products. We focus on creating visual and informative product merchandising, building our own systems and technology in-house, and improving operationally to create exceptional customer experiences around the globe. As we look to the future, we apply experimentation and innovation to the lessons learned since our start in 1901. Our success continues with the ideas and commitment of the bright and ambitious people that differentiate McMaster-Carr.
No two career paths at McMaster-Carr are the same. You will navigate your path at your own speed through hands-on experience in a stimulating and collaborative environment. Throughout your career your role will involve:
• Training – Technical orientation serves as an introduction to the company and teaches the basics of programming and our systems. You will learn about our development process and complete a capstone project with a group of your peers.
• Software Development – We work like a tech company and that means we build software. Don’t know how to do that? You’ll learn. Already an expert? We have plenty of work to keep you captivated.
• Design – From the ways we present information to our iPhone App’s user interface, we practice and expose people to design thinking.
• Research / Analysis – We drive our software development by understanding company and customer needs and vet our project decisions with hard data.
• Implementation – Once the software is built, watch your work come alive for customers.
McMaster-Carr is committed to an inclusive workplace where you are valued and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and diversity are built into the way we form teams, design projects, and create on-site resources. Regardless of your background, you can flourish at McMaster-Carr if you love to learn, do great work, and pursue ambitious goals. Successful candidates at McMaster-Carr tend to share some of the same qualities:
• Strong academic performance
• Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
• Eagerness to learn new things, adaptability, and a growth-oriented mindset
McMaster-Carr offers benefits to build a healthy, positive workplace that encourages you to do great work. At McMaster-Carr, work is just one part of a full life and we strive to create a balance that meets your needs and those of our customers. Our shared commitment to success leads to an investment in our financial well-being through competitive wages, profit sharing, medical insurance with no monthly premiums, company-funded retirement accounts, full tuition reimbursement, first-time home buyer assistance, and more.
For more information on McMaster-Carr, please visit: https://www.mcmaster.com/careers/opportunities/software-development
OE/M/F/VET/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top