Web Developer - Geospatial Analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, GIS, Geography, Mathematics, Engineering or other related fields
- Experience in web mapping and spatial application development including web mapping libraries (e.g., Leaflet, Mapbox) and spatially-enabled relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL/PostGIS, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience creating highly visual web apps, using D3.js and similar libraries
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our North American Knowledge Center (NAKC).
Our Knoweldge Network provides research and analytic support to McKinsey consultants, and NAKC hosts several industry and functional research teams as well as a few specialized teams, including the Geospatial Analytics unit. Geospatial Analytics is a cutting-edge capability that supports consulting teams on a wide range of business issues that are geographic in nature and often cut across several industries and functions.
What You'll Do
You will drive new, full-stack web application development using open source libraries.
You will leverage the distinct spatial analytics capabilities currently within the team such as spatial statistics, optimization, visualization and modeling. The team you will join has developed several tools and applications that bundle these analytics into user friendly interfaces and standardized workflows for greater impact and efficiency.
You will have the opportunity to develop full-stack geospatial applications, including backend and frontend web development, in order to bring business and geospatial insights to clients.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment within an entire ecosystem of analytics practitioners, including geospatial and non-geospatial data scientists, platform architects and engineers, and analytics consultants, as well as firm clients.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top